How to Increase eCommerce Sales with SEO

With the development of the online shopping market, SEO has become a crucial factor in driving targeted traffic and increasing sales. Effective...

Larimer County’s first retail cannabis store opening April 9.

Katie Spencer reports from Choice Organics, the first retail marijuana store in Fort Collins.

In 2011, it was the nation’s first state-approved medicinal marijuana shop, and now, as of April 9th, Choice Organics will be Larimer County’s first retail cannabis shop.

Choice Organics — located at 813 Smithfield Dr. — is a nine minute drive from CSU’s campus and is the closest store to Fort Collins until the city approves licenses for medical stores within city limits.

The store is now both a retail and medicinal store, which means the store will physically split into two separated stores. Only those with a state-issued medicinal card will be able to enter the medical side, while those 21 and over can access the store through the retail entrance.

The retail side of the store will be open Wednesday to Friday 11 a.m. to 8 p.m., Saturday 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. and Sunday 11 a.m. to 5 p.m.

In 2011, no one came to the opening day of the medicinal shop, according to store owner Erica Freeman in a past Collegian article. Freeman said she was interested to see the turnout for the retail shops opening day.

More information on the retail store can be found at choiceorganicsin.com.