The race against time: Days 3 and 4 of the MW Swimming & Diving Championships

Tri Duong, Photo Director

Lexie Trietley, Colorado State University swimmer, walks to the starting line for the 200-yard freestyle event during the Recognition of Seniors ceremony at the 2023 Mountain West Swimming & Diving Championships in the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center Natatorium at the University of Houston Feb. 18. (Collegian | Tri Duong)

Anika Johnson, Colorado State University swimmer, starts her 100-yard freestyle event during the 2023 Mountain West Swimming & Diving Championships in the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center Natatorium at the University of Houston Feb. 18. (Collegian | Tri Duong)

Lexie Trietley, Colorado State University swimmer, competes in the 200-yard freestyle event during the 2023 Mountain West Swimming & Diving Championships in the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center Natatorium at the University of Houston Feb. 18. (Collegian | Tri Duong)

Lexie Trietley, Colorado State University swimmer, celebrates after her 200-yard freestyle event during the 2023 Mountain West Swimming & Diving Championships in the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center Natatorium at the University of Houston Feb. 18. (Collegian | Tri Duong)

Sarah Mundy, Colorado State University swimmer, competes in the 200-yard butterfly event during the 2023 Mountain West Swimming & Diving Championships in the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center Natatorium at the University of Houston Feb. 18. (Collegian | Tri Duong)

Amanda Hoffman, Colorado State University swimmer, competes in the 200-yard butterfly event during the 2023 Mountain West Swimming & Diving Championships in the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center Natatorium at the University of Houston Feb. 18. (Collegian | Tri Duong)

Amanda Hoffman, Colorado State University swimmer, competes in the 200-yard butterfly event during the 2023 Mountain West Swimming & Diving Championships in the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center Natatorium at the University of Houston Feb. 18. (Collegian | Tri Duong)]

Amanda Hoffman, Colorado State University swimmer, celebrates after the 100-yard butterfly event during the 2023 Mountain West Swimming & Diving Championships in the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center Natatorium at the University of Houston Feb. 17. Hoffman finished with a time of 54.11 seconds, adding 16 points for the team. (Collegian | Tri Duong)

Amanda Hoffman and Erin Dawson, Colorado State University swimmers, celebrate after Hoffman’s finish of the 100-yard butterfly during the 2023 Mountain West Swimming & Diving Championships in the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center Natatorium at the University of Houston Feb. 17. (Collegian | Tri Duong)

Emma Breslin, Colorado State University swimmer, competes in the 200-yard breaststroke during the 2023 Mountain West Swimming & Diving Championships in the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center Natatorium at the University of Houston Feb. 18. (Collegian | Tri Duong)

Lucy Matheson, Colorado State University swimmer, competes in the 200-yard butterfly event during the 2023 Mountain West Swimming & Diving Championships in the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center Natatorium at the University of Houston Feb. 18. (Collegian | Tri Duong)

Katie McClelland, Colorado State University swimmer, competes in the 100-yard breaststroke event during the 2023 Mountain West Swimming & Diving Championships in the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center Natatorium at the University of Houston Feb. 17. (Collegian | Tri Duong)

Megan Hager, Colorado State University swimmer, competes in the 100-yard freestyle event during the 2023 Mountain West Swimming & Diving Championships in the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center Natatorium at the University of Houston Feb. 18. (Collegian | Tri Duong)

A Colorado State University swimmer competes in the 100-yard butterfly event during the 2023 Mountain West Swimming & Diving Championships in the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center Natatorium at the University of Houston Feb. 18. (Collegian | Tri Duong)

Liza Lunina, Colorado State University swimmer, competes in the 200-yard backstroke event during the 2023 Mountain West Swimming & Diving Championships in the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center Natatorium at the University of Houston Feb. 18. (Collegian | Tri Duong)

Megan Hager, Colorado State University swimmer, competes in the 100-yard freestyle event during ceremony for Recognition of Seniors at 2023 Mountain West Swimming & Diving Championships in the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center Natatorium at the University of Houston Feb. 18. (Collegian | Tri Duong)

A Colorado State University swimmer competes in the 100-yard freestyle event during the 2023 Mountain West Swimming & Diving Championships in the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center Natatorium at the University of Houston Feb. 18. (Collegian | Tri Duong)

Colorado State University swimmers celebrate after their 400-yard freestyle relay event during the 2023 Mountain West Swimming & Diving Championships in the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center Natatorium at the University of Houston Feb. 18. (Collegian | Tri Duong)

Lexie Trietley, Colorado State University swimmer, receives a medal for third place in the 100-yard freestyle event during the 2023 Mountain West Swimming & Diving Championships in the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center Natatorium at the University of Houston Feb. 18. (Collegian | Tri Duong)

Maya White, Colorado State University swimmer, receives a medal for second place in the 1650-yard freestyle event during the 2023 Mountain West Swimming & Diving Championships in the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center Natatorium at the University of Houston Feb. 18. (Collegian | Tri Duong)

Amanda Hoffman, Colorado State University swimmer, receives a medal for third place in the 200-yard butterfly event during the 2023 Mountain West Swimming & Diving Championships in the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center Natatorium at the University of Houston Feb. 18. (Collegian | Tri Duong)

Lucy Matheson, Colorado State University swimmer, stands at the award podium during the 2023 Mountain West Swimming & Diving Championships in the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center Natatorium at the University of Houston Feb. 17. (Collegian | Tri Duong)

Erin Dawson, Colorado State University swimmer, receives a medal for finishing third in the 400-yard individual medley during the 2023 Mountain West Swimming & Diving Championships in the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center Natatorium at the University of Houston Feb. 17. (Collegian | Tri Duong)

Anika Johnson, Colorado State University swimmer, is recognized at the award podium during the 2023 Mountain West Swimming & Diving Championships in the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center Natatorium at the University of Houston Feb. 18. (Collegian | Tri Duong)

Jessica Albanna, Amanda Hoffman, Liza Lunina, Sarah Mundy, Caroline Perry and Hannah Sykes, Colorado State University graduating athletes, wave to their parents and supporters during the Recognition of Seniors ceremony at the 2023 Mountain West Swimming & Diving Championships in the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center Natatorium at the University of Houston Feb. 18. (Collegian | Tri Duong)

Hannah Sykes, Caroline Perry, Sarah Mundy, Liza Lunina, Amanda Hoffman and Jessica Albanna, Colorado State University graduating athletes during the Recognition of Seniors ceremony at the 2023 Mountain West Swimming & Diving Championships in the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center Natatorium at the University of Houston Feb. 18.

Jessica Albanna and Braeden Shaffer, Colorado State University divers, with Chris Bergere, CSU head diving coach during the 2023 Mountain West Swimming & Diving Championships in the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center Natatorium at the University of Houston Feb. 18. (Collegian | Tri Duong)

Colorado State University swimmers cheer for the last time during the 2023 Mountain West Swimming & Diving Championships in the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center Natatorium at the University of Houston Feb. 18. (Collegian | Tri Duong)

Kim McClelland, Colorado State University women’s swimming and diving team mom, prepares everyone for the team dinner after the 2023 Mountain West Swimming & Diving Championships in the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center Natatorium at the University of Houston Feb. 18. (Collegian | Tri Duong)

Christopher Woodard, Colorado State University women’s swimming and diving head coach, addresses the team on their accomplishments during the team dinner after the 2023 Mountain West Swimming & Diving Championships in the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center Natatorium at the University of Houston Feb. 18. (Collegian | Tri Duong)

Colorado State University athletes with their parents applaud a speech from Christopher Woodard, head coach of women’s swimming and diving, during the team dinner after the 2023 Mountain West Swimming & Diving Championships in the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center Natatorium at the University of Houston Feb. 18. (Collegian | Tri Duong)

Colorado State University senior athletes stand with their parents for a speech from Christopher Woodard, head coach of women’s swimming and diving, during the team dinner after the 2023 Mountain West Swimming & Diving Championships in the Campus Recreation and Wellness Center Natatorium at the University of Houston Feb. 18. (Collegian | Tri Duong)

Reach Tri Duong at photo@collegian.com or on Twitter @TheRoamingLight.