First-year students guide to homecoming week activities

Randi Mattox

Homecoming is a time for students and alumni to celebrate their journey at Colorado State University. But as a new student who has never participated in CSU’s homecoming week, is is difficult to decide what events to prioritize. 

It is important to become engaged in the CSU community, and homecoming week is a perfect way to do that. Here is a list of events that are first-year student appropriate:

(Collegian File Photo)
Students pose for a picture at the Homecoming Bonfire of 2012. (Collegian File Photo)

Festival on the Oval

When: Friday

Time: 3:30

Where: The Oval

Enjoy live music, activities for kids, and food trucks before the Homecoming Parade at the Festival on the Oval. This is a great way for students to engage in the CSU community.

Homecoming Parade

When: Friday

Time: 4:30

Where: The Oval

The Homecoming Parade starts at the intersection of Howes and Oak and ends at the West Lawn. The parade will feature floats, candy and the CSU Marching Band.

Friday Night Lights

(Photo courtesy: Flickr)
(Photo courtesy: Flickr)

When: Friday

Time: 6:00

Where: West Lawn

Attend Friday Night Lights and enjoy a pep rally, a bonfire, fireworks and the lighting of the A. This will be an exciting event for students to meet new friends and become part of a CSU tradition.

Homecoming and Family Weekend Tailgate

When: Saturday

Time: 10:30

Where: Hughes Stadium

Celebrate with friends and family and enjoy food and live music at the Homecoming and Family Weekend Tailgate before the homecoming football game. Purchase your tailgate tickets from CSU Athletics.

Homecoming Football Game

(Collegian File Photo)
(Collegian File Photo)

When: Saturday

Time: 1:30

Where: Sonny Lubick Field at Hughes Stadium

Show your pride and support the CSU Rams at the homecoming football game. Purchase your game tickets from CSU Athletics.

Collegian Reporter Randi Mattox can be reached at entertainment@collegian.com or on Twitter @randimattox.