Party with adults on the roof of a children’s museum

If you ever wanted to check out Fort Collins Museum of Discovery and not awkwardly feel like the oldest person in the building, come to their collaboration tonight with Articulate City and party on the roof for the first ever Adult Swim.

“We want to give the adults the chance to explore the museum without worrying about their kids,” the museum’s Reservations Specialist Sierra Tamkun said. “The split is usually fifty-fifty between kids and adults, but we hope for more students to come out and visit.”

Besides having free reign of the museum, the ticket price includes two adult beverages, appetizers and $5 off the next Adult Swim event.

Adult Swim occurs on the third Friday of every month, but this is the only opportunity to relax on the roof. If you enjoy this party, be sure to become a member and go to Articulate City’s other monthly events.

“In October we’ll be having a party with the organ recital at CSU,” said Ashley Steel, head of Articulate City. “In November there’ll be an event at the Lincoln Center, and, in December, we’ll have an all-white Christmas party.”

“It’s a chance to do something different than dinner and a movie,” Tamkun said.

When: Friday, Sept. 20. Party on the roof from 5:15-7:30 p.m. and hang inside the museum from 6-9 p.m.

Where: Fort Collins Museum of Discovery, 408 Mason Ct.

Price: $20 for Articulate City members and $25 for non-members for the rooftop party. Annual memberships can be purchased online for $25 at www.articulatecity.com. If you just want to visit the museum, it’s $9.50 for adults and $7 for seniors and students.