The Rocky Mountain Collegian’s training materials are available to staff and the public as part of our transparency initiative. On this page you can find our baseline requirements for digital content, our training presentation slides from the all-company training session and other tools for our staff members.
Review material covered in our Fall 2017-2018 all-staff training session:
Main presentation: http://bit.ly/2inIVlX
Student Media Advisor Jim Rodenbush’s presentation: http://bit.ly/2g2fMMx
Our Style Guide:
Collegian Style Guide: http://bit.ly/2w2Llce
Reporters, use these forms to request photographers, videographers and graphic designers for trans-media content on your assignments.
Our Digital Standards:
Access the full digital standards handout here: http://bit.ly/2wvAXgO
Read our Staff Social Media Contracts: http://bit.ly/2x9PDjf
New digital workflow:
- Writers input their content into WordPress from Word or Google Doc
- Reporters double check the meta-description, featured images, categories, tags and alt text on their stories (everything beyond the big white box in WordPress)
- Writers save the content as a draft and copy and paste the wordpress link at the top to the body of Camayak post for editors.
- Desk editors edit the articles in WordPress, check schedules in Camayak.
- Reporters make necessary changes to their draft
- Only desk editors will publish content to collegian.com
Baseline article requirements for reporters:
- All images should be aligned right and captioned and with alt text.
- All stories should be tagged with search phrases and terms in mind.
- All stories must have a featured image, breakout boxes and hyperlinks.
- If a video is to accompany a story, the video should be centered and at the top of the page.
- If a photo accompanies the story, it must be right aligned at the top of the page.
- RoyalSlider should be employed if a story is accompanied by a photo series.