Horoscopes 9/4/2020: Which Beyoncé song are you today

It’s not every day the inventor of astrology has a solar return (birthday). OK, maybe Beyoncé didn’t invent astrology, but she did make it mainstream to publicly hate on Pisces. 

“Alexa, please play ‘Signs’ by Beyoncé ft. Missy Elliot.”

As a professional trash talker and full-time Virgo hater, days like today always put me back in my place. Beyoncé is Virgo excellence. I can trash talk Virgo as much as I like, and at the end of the day, Beyoncé shows us what it means to harness your talent and constantly top yourself. The impact and longevity of her work is a reflection of her resilience, versatility and work ethic. We all have something to learn from the way Beyoncé portrays humanity — including me and my Virgo bias.  

Songs on this list may represent a specific message you need to hear in the current moment. Check for your sun, moon, rising and Venus signs. As with all horoscopes, take what you need and leave what you don’t.

(Illustration by Amy Noble, Rachel Macias, Katrina Clasen | The Collegian)

ARIES (March 21-April 19) “Resentment”

Someone’s lying. Maybe it’s you or someone close to you. Nonetheless, it’s creating resentment and trust issues. Speak your truth no matter what side of deceit you’re on. Listen here.

TAURUS (April 20-May 20) “Sweet Dreams”

Your beauty comes from your stability. So while your values may be rigid, you’re a resilient rose grown between two slabs of concrete. You’re a dream come true. Listen here.

GEMINI (May 21-June 20) “Me, Myself and I”

The people around you may be disappointing, but trust that you’ll never disappoint yourself. Unlike others, you learn from your mistakes. When you choose yourself, you heal your spirit of resentment. Listen here.

CANCER (June 21-July 22) “Dangerously In Love” 

Whether you’re seeing someone or simply in a relationship with yourself, you’re consumed by the love that surrounds you. Your heart has nothing to do but give, and as long as you keep it open to receive love, you’ll find the fulfillment you need. Listen here.

LEO (July 23-Aug. 22) “Dance For You” 

Love is a stage, and you’re the performer. Not only are you a boss in the streets, but you’re also a boss in the sheets. You deserve to be admired in all your glory. Listen here.

VIRGO (Aug. 23-Sept. 22) “Don’t Hurt Yourself”

Let out the anger you’ve been suppressing. People who don’t take you seriously don’t deserve to have someone like you in their life. When they hurt you, they hurt themselves. Listen here.

LIBRA (Sept. 23-Oct. 22) “Best Thing I Never Had”

You didn’t deserve to get your feelings hurt, but they showed their true colors and now it’s time to move on. Choose to be around people who value you. Sooner or later, you’ll realize they’re the best thing you never had. Listen here.

SCORPIO (Oct. 23-Nov. 21)  “I Care”

Not everyone is as deep as you. Your capacity to find value in the messiness of other people’s souls is what makes you special — even if it’s not reciprocated. Listen here. 

SAGITTARIUS (Nov. 22-Dec. 21) “Drunk In Love” ft. Jay-Z

You already know this, but just so you can hear it again, you’re truly an unstoppable force. You bring down people’s inhibitions and show them to their limitless potential. Listen here.

CAPRICORN (Dec. 22-Jan. 19) “Irreplaceable”  

You know your worth more than most. Show them the door if they can’t support the person you’re becoming. Listen here.

AQUARIUS (Jan. 20-Feb. 18) “BIGGER”

Your impact is larger than life. Whether or not you know it, your ability to be compassionate gives others hope as you rewrite the future. Listen here.

PISCES (Feb. 19-March 20) “Sandcastles”

Nobody has the capacity to forgive like you. Avoid being empathetic to those who hurt you. They weren’t thinking about your feelings when they did it.  Remember that forgiveness is a journey that must be honored. Listen here.

Jorge Espinoza can be reached at letters@collegian.com or on Twitter @jorgespinoza14.