Goodbye from your 2020 opinion desk

Editor’s Note: All opinion section content reflects the views of the individual author only and does not represent a stance taken by The Collegian or its editorial board.

The 2019-20 school year has come to a close, and many of the opinion writers are graduating. They have all contributed immensely to the desk and The Collegian as a whole. We wish them so much good luck in their future endeavors, and we know they will do great things. Here are some final goodbyes from our graduating writers:

Fynn Bailey — Columnist

It’s been wonderful to have a place to share things I think are important where it didn’t feel like I was just shouting into the void. The people here at opinion were always nice and also very honest, which is a combination not so often found. I am equal parts excited and nervous to move on with my life from Colorado State University, but I’m glad to know I had a good base to jump off of after working at The Collegian. So as it has been said, goodbye and thanks for all the fish. 

Kenia Ortiz — Columnist

I will forever be grateful for having had the opportunity to be a part of The Rocky Mountain Collegian. I have learned and grown as a person and met people who, like me, are passionate about a topic and want to use their writing to reach, advocate for, educate or entertain others. I am eager to see where my writing career takes me, but it all started here at the opinion desk.

Shay Rego — Sex columnist

The Collegian has been a huge part of my life and identity since I was a freshman. I have learned so much and grown with this desk. I’ve met great people and found even greater opportunities through my time here. I was extremely proud I was able revitalize the sex column through Fifty Shades of Shay. As my time on the desk expires, I want everyone to know that I will miss being a part of something so beautiful. I’m forever grateful for the experience and memories The Collegian has given me. To incoming opinion desk writers, I wish you all the luck in the world.

Ethan Vassar — Satire writer

Goodbye cruel world.

These writers can no longer be reached at letters@collegian.com, but you can still follow them on Twitter.