Time for a Border War

The CSU volleyball team practices in Moby Wednesday Aug. 16 in preparation for the upcoming season. The Rams enter the 2012 season ranked No. 25 in the AVCA preseason poll.

Tonight at 7 p.m. marks an important event in CSU athletics: The Border War.

The annual contest between the Rams in the south and the Cowgirls in the north. It is a contest that has been won by our volleyball team 59 times previously, and they’re hungry to make it to 60.

If we sound like we’re really excited for the volleyball team, it’s because we are. This team was supposed to be in a “rebuilding” year, but they’ve outgrown that classification so fast it’s mind-boggling. The team has started their season with 8 wins and no losses — something that hasn’t happened since 2011. They’ve also just been ranked No. 22 in the nation, where originally they were No. 39.

This is the game to go to. It’s the first Orange Out of the year, it’s free for students and it’s a rivalry match. We all need to turn out to support the volleyball team.

They’re going to win, and it’s going to be awesome.

Tickets for the match can be printed online or picked up from the iBox, which has moved to the Fum McGraw box office at Moby Arena.

Go Rams!