Greyrock Trail, Gateway Natural Area reopen

United States Forest Service officials have lifted the closures of Greyrock and Hewlett Gulch trails as well as the Gateway Natural Area.

Firefighters fully contained the 231-acre Seaman Fire northwest of Fort Collins on Friday, according to the Arapaho & Roosevelt National Forests service (ARP).

Fire crews will now focus on mop up and monitoring operations, according to ARP.

• A wildfire that started Tuesday evening near Seaman Reservoir has grown to 139 acres and is now threatening structures near the Poudre River a half-mile away, according to a news release by the United States Forest Service. (Colin Shepherd | The Collegian)

• The Beaver Fire, located 1.5 miles east of Colorado State University Mountain Campus, was last estimated to be five acres in size, a slight increase from earlier estimates made July 2. (Colin Shepherd | Collegian)

• A helicopter delivers supplies to firefighters on the ground working to put out the Seaman Fire in Poudre Canyon. (Colin Shepherd | Collegian)

• The Silver Creek Fire near Kremmling and the Seaman fire located twelve miles northwest of Fort Collins, are causing a red haze of smoke over the Fort Collins area. The Seaman fire started Sept. 11 by a lightning strike and is 35 percent contained as of Sept. 13. (Matt Tackett | Collegian)

• A helicopter drops water over the Seaman Fire in Poudre Canyon. The Seaman fire has grown to over 130 acres as of Sept. 12. (Colin Shepherd | Collegian)

• A U.S. Forest Service member monitors the Seaman Fire Thursday Evening. (Colin Shepherd | Collegian)

• A small fire burns in the middle of the Seaman Fire burn damage Thursday evening. (Colin Shepherd | Collegian)

• Firefighters sit atop and monitor the border of he Seaman Fire burn damage Thursday evening.

• The Seaman Fire burn damage Thursday evening. (Colin Shepherd | Collegian)

• The sun sets through smoke from the Seaman Fire Thursday evening. (Colin Shepherd | Collegian)

• Firefighters sort through gear after monitoring the Seaman Fire Thursday evening. (Colin Shepherd | Collegian)

Firefighters lifted the voluntary evacuation of 11 structures on Smith Bridge Road about a half mile away from the fire Sept. 13. 

The fire is located on steep terrain in mixed grass, brush and pockets of conifers in the area of the previous 2012 Hewlett burn scar. 

The fire was sparked by lightning Sept. 11 and grew to over 100 acres due to windy conditions. 

Natalia Sperry can be reached at news@collegian.com or on Twitter @Natalia_Sperry.