Colorado Senate confirms new members to CSU Board of Governors

The CSU System Board of Governors has welcomed two new members and one returning after the Colorado Senate confirmed Governor John Hickenlooper’s appointments last week.

Governor Hickenlooper appointed Jane Robbe Rhodes of Pueblo, Nancy Tuor of Parker and re-appointed Scott C. Johnson of Kit Carson to serve the next four years on the board. The BOG is the entity that oversees budget and strategic management for the three separate CSU campuses: Fort Collins, Pueblo, and the CSU Glob

Senate Chamber, Colorado State Capitol Buildin...
Senate Chamber, Colorado State Capitol Building, Denver, Colorado, USA (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

al Campus.

“I’m very pleased to have Jane and Nancy join the Board and to have Scott continue with his service to the CSU System,” said Dorothy Horrell, chair of the CSU System Board of Governors in a press release on Feb. 25. “Each one of them brings a unique perspective and passion for higher education to the Board, and I’m confident their experience and insight will result in real benefits to the students of the CSU System, the individual CSU institutions and to the citizens of Colorado.”

The CSU System Board of Governors consists of 15 members. Nine members are appointed by the governor as voting members while six non-voting members include student and faculty representatives such as ASCSU President, Nigel Daniels. Each appointment must be confirmed by the Colorado Senate.

Rhodes has a bachelor’s degree in agricultural industries management and a master’s degree in animal science from CSU-Fort Collins. In 2010, she helped found the National Collegiate Tailgating Championship, an organization that hosts a competition between college football fans each year and previously worked extensively in the health care industry.

Tuor, with a bachelor’s degree in economics from Willamete University, has a background in executive management spanning a 32-year career at CH2M HILL, an American engineering company. Tuor was recognized as a key architect for the Rocky Flats nuclear weapons production facility near Denver and oversaw the Environmental Services, Nuclear and Government Facilities and Infrastructure business units for C2HM Hill’s Federal Client Group.

Johnson will be serving his second term and joined the Board of Governor’s in 2010. Also a basketball coach for Kit Carson High School, Johnson has a bachelor’s degree from CSU and serves on two separate Board of Directors.

The members can look forward to joining the conversation regarding the on-campus stadium among other issues for the upcoming fall semester.

Collegian Reporter Natasha Leadem can be reached at news@collegian.com