Staying at Feetup Yellow Nest Hostel in Barcelona

Over the summer I booked a three night stay at the Feet up Yellow Nest Hostel in Barcelona with my friend Hannah.

Upon arrival to Barcelona, Hannah and I were informed that Feetup Yellow Nest Hostel was far outside of the city. From the airport we had to transfer from a bus, four metros, and walk several blocks until we arrived at the hostel.

Since our hostel was not within walking distance to tourist attractions, we purchased a ‘Hello BCN’ four day transit ticket for 24EUR. This ticket could be used unlimitedly on the metro and bus system.

When we arrived we had to wait an hour, and check in took another hour to complete because the new staff wasn’t familiar with the system.

Finally we were able to go into the room and put our stuff down.

The female four bunk bed dorm price includes linens, air conditioning, and a locker. The shared female bathroom is also right across the hall from this room.

The facility is fairly clean but we had heard many other guests were transferred to a new room because of bed bugs. Yuck. Luckily we didn’t have any run-ins with these pests.

The hostel also offers a large lounge in the basement. Unfortunately, we did not find out about this area until the last day of our stay. However, they do offer board games, foosball, a pool table and a café.

This hostel cost $34 a night which ended up being a good deal, despite the unfriendly staff and distance from attractions.

The best part of our experience with Yellownest was the free walking tour the hostel was affiliated with. Because we were guests here, we were able to sign up for the free walking tour through Barcelona. This was a great tour. The guide was very well informed and friendly. He also offered information about local restaurants and how to avoid scams. He took us through many unique areas of Barcelona and told us some of the unique history of the city. I highly recommend this hour and a half tour.