Welcome Back Fashionistas!

SPONSORED CONTENT

Welcome back fashionistas! We’re back and oh S.O. excited to give you the latest scoop on all things fashion.

New year, new wardrobe right? Think again! The Fall 2018 fashion shows in London, New York, Milan, and Paris showed us that the gems we’re looking for are right in our closet, or perhaps your dad or brothers closet? Designers such as Prada, Fendi, Balenciaga, Givenchy, Calvin Klein, Stella McCartney and more, presented men’s overcoats to be one of the top looks for this fall. 

Chilly? Balenciaga and Bazaar Magazine recommend an oversized bright colored jacket for this Fall. “Oversized is the way to wear your outerwear this fall”, according to Nicole Fritton from Bazaar. Marni, Marc Jacobs, Prada, Dries Van Noten, Versace, and other designers also supported the fashion movement on the runway this season.

A patchwork is no longer a fallback option for when your jeans rip.Mix up your wardrobe for a timeless folk look. Head on over to Joanne’s as well for crochet materials to spice up the look. Or take a look through your grandmas closet. It’s never been easier to look runway on the streets of Fort Collins. Simply walk into Arc Thrift Store for your vintage jackets and floral outfits.Student Avery Hill sports a stylish red cardigan on campus.

Floral is the Fall accent this season. Keep your sheer floral dresses out this season to be mixed with your bomber jackets. Michael Kors presented a floral dress paired with a red bomber jacket and black boots on the runway, with similar floral outfits from Marine Serre, Balenciaga, Saint Laurent, Giambattista Valli, Valentino, Christian Dior, Gucci and more designers.

Black leather jackets have been an iconic wardrobe essential since post-WWI. Harley Davidson brought the look from fighter pilots to stores and since, has become a statement piece in most closets. Marc Jacobs, Saint Laurent, Versace and other designers made sure to nod at the piece in their Fall 2018 collections, suggesting that we pull out those jackets and rock them this season.

Nicole Fritton from Bazaar suggests that “clean, lean, and chic-white is the perfect palette cleanser for Fall. Think: Maxi in length and slim in silhouette. Looking at the details, the scarf-tied neck is the freshest approach to this minimal moment.” Valentino, Chloe, Jacquemus and other designers presented their own spin on this statement for Fall. Keep an eye out for white slimming dresses matched with men’s overcoats this season, and send in your favorite OOTD for a chance to be shared on our Instagram.

Happy Wednesday, and grab next weeks article for tailgating attire, and fashion industry news!

Questions or comments? Reach out to me at tsmith@collegian.com.