Colorado State football picked up its fourth verbal commitment from the sunshine state Sunday with Rushton Roberts of the Bolles School in Jacksonville, Florida. The 6-foot-4, 220 pound defensive end announced his commitment on Twitter, tweeting “I’m excited to announce my commitment to Colorado State University,” along with photos of himself on a tour with head coach Mike Bobo in the on-campus stadium.
— Rushton Roberts (@RobertsRushton) July 31, 2017
NCAA rules prohibit coaches from commenting on specific individuals before they have signed a National Letter of Intent, but Bobo and recruiting director Emily Laff confirmed Roberts’ commitment on Twitter as well.
— Coach Mike Bobo (@CoachBobo_CSU) July 30, 2017
Currently listed as a 3-star prospect by Scout and 247Sports, Roberts holds also offers from Army and Coastal Carolina. Roberts was injured during the 2016 season, but the Bulldogs started the year 12-0, before losing 31-17 to Cocoa High School in the Florida 4A State Championship Game. In 2015, the Bolles School finished the season 10-3.
Colorado State 2018 verbal commitments:
- Nick Martin-Morman, DB, (Louisiana)
- A’Jon Vivens, ATH, (Colorado)
- Zach Schlager, LB, (Nebraska)
- Ross Reiter, LS, (Arizona)
- Lionel Anderson II, WR, (California)
- Spencer Lovell, OL, (Colorado)
- Davonta Wilson, DB, (Florida)
- Troy Golden, DE, (Florida)
- Matt Baldwin, QB, (Texas)
- Teja Young, ATH, (Florida)
- Florian McCann III, OL, (Colorado)
- Jammal Houston, WR, (Louisiana)
- Rushton Roberts, DE, (Florida)
Collegian sports director Justin Michael can be reached by email at email@example.com or Twitter @JustinTMichael.