Editor’s note: As part of a media transparency initiative, on May 8, 2017, the Collegian spent the last day of publishing of the year telling our readers about us. You can read more about the people behind our publication in the Editor’s Blog.
The Digital Production team consists of Digital Production Manager Mikaela Rodenbaugh, Webmaster Josh Kloehn, Videography Director, Chapman Croskell, and Social Media Director, Darby Osborne.
Our team works together to put together the best possible online content for student media. We exist to form a more cohesive digital presence as an organization and to make sure that our student publication is timely and useful to all Rams.
Some of our goals for the upcoming semester include:
- Better prioritizing a digital-first model
- Ensuring that collegian.com content is highly optimized for the web and properly formatted
- Better utilizing our analytics data to predict student needs for our publication
- Switching to Facebook comments on our website
- Branding different branches of student media on our website more clearly
- Using trans media elements like video and photo more effectively and frequently
- Presenting the news in a way that best addresses the needs of our digital audience.
- Using our social media accounts to better outreach to our audiences blending fun, and professional messaging
- Making collegian.com a site that most CSU students check every day
If you are interested in working for the digital production team, email us at email@example.com.