It is no doubt that this year’s presidential election is likely catching the eyes and ears of all 7 billion people in the world. While we all wish that the fuss over the candidates was because they were both ideal contenders for president of our country, the unfortunate truth is that a large portion of United States citizens fear what the future of the country will be like in the hands of either Hillary Clinton or Donald Trump. But, regardless of how scary one of them being elected might be, there is one good thing that comes out of this; it makes for quite interesting debates.
Here is a list of just a few of the most interesting and ridiculous quotes from last night’s debate:
1. Clinton: “Our country is great because we are good.”
Thank you, Hillary for this insightful look into why the United States is such a great country. Nobody has ever said why our country is so great quite as eloquently as you just did.
2. Trump: “I want do things that haven’t been done including fixing and making our inner-cities better for the African American citizens that are so great, and for the Latinos.”
The question being asked to Trump prior to this answer was if he thinks he is being appropriate for today’s youth. If you ask me, he most definitely nailed this answer. He also compared the country’s current state to medieval times. As can be seen, he knows how to accurately answer questions.
3. Trump: “I have great respect for women; nobody has more respect for women than I do.”
Refer to quote #4.
4. Clinton: “We have seen him insult women, we have seen him rank women… we have seen him embarrass women… this is who Donald Trump is.”
With no shame, Clinton brought on one of the first of many insults of the night with this quote. She definitely perfectly summed up many women’s and men’s feelings about Trump.
5. Trump: “I am going to help the African Americans… she has done nothing for the African Americans.”
No need to worry folks, Trump may insult women, but he is going to help the African Americans, so everything is okay.
6. Clinton: “It’s awfully good that someone with the temperament of Donald Trump is not in charge of the law in our country.”
Trump: “Because you’d be in jail.”
7. Hillary: *laughs off Trump’s insults for the 134th time*
By now, we have all grown very accustomed to Clinton’s go-to response when Trump throws an insult at her. The debates would not be the same without her iconic smirk and laugh.
8. Trump: “Why don’t you interrupt [Clinton]?”
Yeah come on, Martha? How dare you interrupt Trump when he goes over his two designated minutes to answer his question?
9. Clinton: “No.”
Not quite sure that there could have been a better response than this to being asked if Trump has the discipline to be a good leader.
10. Clinton: “I respect his children.”
Trump: “She doesn’t quit; she doesn’t give up. I respect that.”
What a heart-warming sentiment to end another debate on. However, these statements were only said after being asked to name one thing each candidate respects about the other. And, of course, those compliments could not just stand alone. Both Trump and Clinton followed up with things that they did not agree with about the other, but is that not somewhat expected?