Fort Collins’ new Foothills Mall is open and operating, with 58% of the mall leased out to a variety of stores and restaurants. The other 42% remains unclaimed.
John Gaffney, Foothills Mall general manager, said the total leasable area of the mall is 670,000 square feet, which includes the 25,000 square feet that the Foothills Activity Center fills. There are executed leases on about 65% of the total leasable area.
The Foothills Activity Center is a new 3-level facility located inside the mall. It features a gymnasium, workout rooms and classrooms. The center offers fitness classes, educational activities and youth and adult sports programming.
Alberta Development Partners, one of the biggest retail developers in the region, acquired Foothills Mall in 2012 and planned to completely redevelop the indoor/outdoor mall. They have built nearly the entire project, and have only one building left to construct on College Avenue in the location of the old Christy Sports building. That building will be approximately 14,800 square feet and will be completed this winter.
Gaffney said they are currently in the process of leasing out the rest of the mall’s square footage.
“We are actively talking with a diverse mix of potential tenants that we feel will be a good fit, and we will announce any new deals as soon as we can,” Gaffney said. “Many times we cannot discuss new tenants because they prefer to announce their new store on their own timeline and ask us not to say anything until they announce.”
Foothills Mall’s most popular stores currently include Bath & Body Works, Buckle, Macy’s, Maurice’s, Payless ShoeSource, Victoria’s Secret, Zumiez, Vans, Gymboree, and Zales, as well as others, currently operating. Exterior stores include Ross, Sketchers, Sears, Sleep Number, The Melt, Longhorn Steakhouse, Nail Bar & Co., Cinemark Movie Bistro, and Chico’s.
“We are confident that we will have a great new tenant mix and that Foothills [Mall] will be fully leased and operating within the next couple years,” Gaffney said.
Collegian Reporter Mackenzie Eldred can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or on twitter @KenzieEldred