Welcome to “Who Run The World: A Women’s Podcast.” This podcast series explores different aspects of womanhood in intersectional ways.
This episode is about women and belonging — my guest is Cat Connelly. We discuss racism and ignorance in our communities, and what spaces we are accepted in based on our identities. We also talk about how we gain a sense of belonging and why women need more self-love.
Want to know more? Here’s some helpful links.
- Cat’s Blank Monologue: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6m5nDuZ7-BY
- Being a student of color on a predominantly white campus: https://mjrl.org/2015/12/01/being-black-at-a-pwi-we-are-all-concernedstudent1950/
- Being black on campus: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/graduates-hbcus-pwis-share-pros-cons-article-1.2434280
- It’s not my job to educate you: https://medium.com/@schmutzie/why-it-is-not-my-responsibility-as-a-marginalized-individual-to-educate-you-about-my-experience-915b4ec08efd#.f0hk56jbg
- Racism in Fort Collins: http://www.coloradoan.com/story/news/local/2014/08/02/racism-fort-collins-takes-subtle-forms/13536123/
- Racism at Rec Room: http://latenightfortcollins.com/is-the-rec-room-racist/
- Women in the workplace: http://www.refinery29.com/2015/06/89218/womens-confidence-gap-in-the-workplace
- Self-love: http://www.refinery29.com/2016/02/103558/ashley-graham-sports-illustrated-body-image
- Self-care: http://www.chopra.com/ccl/self-care-for-women
This is a 5-part series. See the rest of the episodes here.
Collegian Writer Catie Perry can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or on Twitter @perrycatie.