It’s that time again, Rams. Everyone is registering for classes, and for some, that might mean trying to find the easiest elective credits and funniest professors. We’ve compiled a list of six crazy classes to take before you graduate.
1. MU 100: Music Appreciation (3 credits, F, S)
My professor was under five-feet and was a professional harpist. Let’s just say that attendance wasn’t mandatory but there were the occasional i-Clicker “quizzes.” Did I learn something? That college classes can be easy, too.
Some have said: “Literally went once and got 104%”
2. BSPM 102: Insects, Science, Society AKA “Bugs for Thugs” (3 credits, F, S)
If you get Professor Whitney Cranshaw, who wears red Chuck Taylors on the daily and rocks a Santa beard, the textbook he wrote is under $15 and fill-in-the-blank. Cranshaw won’t hesitate to educate you about the lie that is “The Very Hungry Caterpillar.” (Kids, butterflies come out of a chrysalis, not a cocoon.)
3. PSY 228: Psychology of Human Sexuality: Fantasies and Porn AKA “The Sex Class” (3 credits, F, S)
A pretty renowned class at CSU – some people come for the videos, but don’t expect an easy-A.
Also, this happened.
4. SPCM 100: Communication and Popular Culture (3 credits, F, S)
The class consists of different techniques used in media and advertising. Also not an easy-A, this class is challenging but in an inviting. You get to watch Mad Men. Need I say more?
5. FTEC 460: Brewing Science and Technology (3 credits, F, S)
Yes, you read that right — brewing. This is Fort Collins, after all. You gotta be 21+ and science and math savvy. Not for everyone, but for those of us who aren’t qualified, there are always brewery tours.
6. FW111: Basic Outdoor Skills (1 credit, F, S)
As they say, Colorado has 300 days of sunshine a year, why not spend as much possible outdoors? I’d say it’s time for a neature walk. Oh, and you can take it up to three times.