Emotive’s EPOC headset is bringing thinking capabilities to your computer. Whether you are a consumer or a full developer, this headset can be programmed and tailored to do anything from, play a game, all the way to controlling your mouse and keyboard. The trick with this is to “think ouside of yourself”. It will probably be tough for some at first, but as you train your mind to think in certain ways, this could become a valuable piece of tech for designers and tech gurus to aid in improving their workflow. The unit, while not overly expensive, isn’t too cheap either. The final price for the headset and sensors comes out to be around $300 USD. An extremely tempting price for some, including me.
About Wordpress Admin
Brennan Allen is the Web Operations Manager for Student Media and the Broadcast Operations Manager for KCSU.
- University investigates CSU student body president, impeachment postponed September 21, 2017
- Hodge: Personal beliefs can have a place in journalism September 21, 2017
- Willson: Personal beliefs should take a backseat in journalism September 21, 2017
- Allison Hall will receive new compost bin September 21, 2017
- CSU soccer opens Mountain West play with two road games September 21, 2017
Comment policy: The Rocky Mountain Collegian encourages discussion and discourse within our comments section, but we reserve the right to moderate and ban users for the following behaviors:
- Hate speech or slurs based on race, gender, sexual orientation, religion or creed.
- Ad hominem (personal attacks) against another commenter or writer.
- Proselytizing (attempting to convert others to your religion) or otherwise advertising your religion or attacking someone for theirs.
- Doxing (posting someone’s address or personal information) in order to intimidate a writer or another commenter.
- Spamming our website with promotional offers or links to other sites.