I typed “books” into the search bar on twitter. I don’t know why I did this, general curiosity I guess. However, I learned a lot while scrolling through tweet after tweet.
Well, kind of.
What I learned when I typed “books” into twitter
- It took exactly 20 tweets before I got to one related to One Direction
- It took exactly 30 tweets before I got to one related to Justin Bieber
- Apparently there is still fighting going on between the Harry Potter and the Twilight fandoms, but a lot of people just want it to stop.
- I only saw one tweet about 50 Shades of Gray
- A lot of people are still tweeting about Hunger Games
- It took 57 tweets before I saw one by an author.
- It took 83 tweets before I saw a tweet by an author I recognized
- I saw the same tweet by The Huffington Post about 9 Favorite Books That Make You Undateable, so I decided to read the article.
- A lot of people tweet about One Direction
- Tom Hiddleston tweeted about books one time a few days ago
- Seriously stop tweeting so much about One Direction I thought I was on the book tag