In an interview with CNN Los Angeles this morning Bill Nye (and his great bow tie) defends his belief that climate change is the overarching cause of the swath of wildfires burning across the midwest. After getting bashed by the news anchor, Nye presents some great statistics, like the fact that 16 out of the last 17 years have had record breaking heat waves. He may be on the right track, but the prevailing scientific thought is that climate change is just one of many factors leading to these fires
About John Sheesley
John Sheesley is the Photography Editor for College Avenue Magazine. He is a student of Economics and Horticulture at CSU. John loves photography and bicycling, and is known to engage in political debate from time to time.
- Club hockey sweeps Rutgers in opening series of season September 24, 2017
- Michael: Rams’ new Colorado-themed uniforms are awesome September 24, 2017
- CSU men’s golf finishes strong after quick turnaround September 23, 2017
- CSU volleyball dominates UNLV in straight-set victory September 23, 2017
- CSU soccer opens conference-play with 1-1 draw at Air Force September 23, 2017
Comment policy: The Rocky Mountain Collegian encourages discussion and discourse within our comments section, but we reserve the right to moderate and ban users for the following behaviors:
- Hate speech or slurs based on race, gender, sexual orientation, religion or creed.
- Ad hominem (personal attacks) against another commenter or writer.
- Proselytizing (attempting to convert others to your religion) or otherwise advertising your religion or attacking someone for theirs.
- Doxing (posting someone’s address or personal information) in order to intimidate a writer or another commenter.
- Spamming our website with promotional offers or links to other sites.