CSU’s Homecoming and Family Weekend is officially upon us. This is the chance to show your family what kind of community Fort Collins is and to display the amount of pride you have for CSU. Convincing your family that you are eating and sleeping while maintaining your grades is hard enough, but having to entertain them for a whole weekend is even more difficult. Have no fear. The Collegian is here to help. Here is a list of things to do with your family this weekend:
1. Attend the Festival on the Oval, and show your parens what CSU is all about:
Time- October 7, 3:30 p.m. – 6 p.m.
There will be tons of fun activities on the iconic Oval. Enjoy food trucks, a beer garden and live music. And for all you parents, the face painting station a perfect way to embarrass your child.
2. Take your parents to Friday Night Lights, and show off your school spirt:
Location- West Lawn
Time- October 7, 6 p.m. – 8 p.m.
Participate in the fun traditions of the University with the pep rally, bonfire and lighting of the A. In 1924, Aggie students voted to paint an A on the west hill of campus. Ever since then, it has been a tradition that boosts pride even higher around here. This is one of the best ways to show off your school spirit.
3. Treat your parents to the Parents and Family Breakfast:
Location: LSC Theater
Time: 9 a.m. – end of breakfast
This is a great way to show your parents your appreciation for them and to introduce them to your friends and professors. Plus, the game is that night, so you will need the energy.
4. Tailgate (yes, with your parents), and cheer on the Rams at the game:
Location: Hughes Stadium
Time: October 8, 4 p.m. – end of game
Dress in your best green and gold and cheer on the Rams as they play against Utah State. At the tailgate, you can meet alumni and professors while enjoying great food and live music.
5. Drive your parents up to Horsetooth:
Drive up to Horsetooth Reservoir. From there, you can access many trails for biking and hiking. And, it is perfect for viewing the changing fall colors. You can even rent a boat to watch an epic Colorado sunset on the water.
6. Take your parents to Old Town for dinner and music:
Shop and listen to live music while enjoying great brews and food. There are 84 different restaurants serving any palate, so there is no room for excuses for your picky little sibling.
7. Beer and bike tours. If there’s one thing Fort Collins is passionate about, its beer and bikes. Choose from an array of tours, including one where you can tour craft breweries by cruiser bike. How else could exercise and drink at the same time?