Maybe I read Peter Pan too many times when I was younger. Maybe I shopped at Forever 21 for too long. Maybe my step-dad should have never showed me that Mel Gibson movie with a young Elijah Wood in it.
Who knows what the real reason is? Regardless, I have had to turn to music to help me cope. So I created this mixtape for anyone that is facing change. Age wise or otherwise. I included some gems from my formative adolescent years, so the library may not be the best place to listen to this. You’re going to want to sing along.
You can listen to the mix on 8tracks here.
Or on Spotify right here
- Not Nineteen Forever The Courteeners
- I Can Change LCD Soundsystem
- Bye Bye Bye *Nsync
- Romance Is Boring Los Campesinos!
- This Year’s Girl Elvis Costello
- Two doors down Mystery Jets
- Napoleon Says Phoenix
- Independent Women part. 2 Destiny’s Child
- Gold Soundz Pavement
- Hounds Of Love The Futureheads
- You Make My Dreams Hall & Oates
- Crash Years The New Pornographers
- She’s Electric Oasis
- She Bangs The Drums The Stone Roses
- She Doesn’t Get It The Format
- On The Other Side The Strokes
- I Wanna Dance With Somebody Whitney Houston
- Heavy Metal Drummer Wilco
- Forever Young Youth Group
- Come On Eileen Dexy’s Midnight Runners
- Fluorescent Adolescent Arctic Monkeys
- 22 Lily Allen
As always, feel free to tweet me with your picks for a mix like this.