It’s about that time right? Midterm time? From the looks of the library from 7pm until Midnight, it definitely seems to be. The only thing I like about midterms is creating a new midterm playlist to listen to while I study, or put off studying.
Crafting the perfect midterm mixtape is a hard thing to do. It has to be mellow but not too mellow. There needs to be a bit of diversity. There need to be a few more upbeat songs to wake you back up when you feel yourself slipping. The songs need to be good, really good but you don’t want them to be too distracting. It can take longer to craft the playlist than it does to do the actual studying. So, being the incredibly generous blogger that I am, I decided to craft the mix for you. All you have to do is listen either on Spotify, or 8Tracks.
Let me know what you think about the mix either in the comments or by tweeting at me here. And if you have any songs you love to study to, send them my way.
- My Number Foals
- Disco Biscuit Love The Jezabels
- Thorn Castles Gardens & Villa
- All Is Full of Love Death Cab for Cutie
- Sadness Is A Blessing Lykke Li
- No Cars Go Arcade Fire
- NYC Interpol
- Nowhere Lullaby Built To Spill
- You’re The One That I Want Angus & Julia Stone
- A La La Jukebox the Ghost
- In The Aeroplane Over The Sea Neutral Milk Hotel
- My Mistakes Were Made For You The Last Shadow Puppets
- Girl With One Eye Florence + The Machine
- New Amsterdam Elvis Costello And The Attractions
- clark gable The Postal Service
- New Slang The Shins
- Buffalo Alt-J
- Werewolf Heart Dead Man’s Bones
- All in White The Vaccines
- Winter Is All Over You First Aid Kit
- Barely Legal The Strokes
- The Sea Is a Good Place to Think of the Future Los Campesinos!
- A Girl, A Boy And A Graveyard Jeremy Messersmith
- Radlands Mystery Jets
- The Ghost In You The Psychedelic Furs
- The Jeweller’s Hands Arctic Monkeys
- Hands Reversed Tokyo Police Club
- Fast Car Tracy Chapman
- Techno Fan The Wombats